Tanning?

My sister had a friend over at my mom's thee other day. Her friend is mixed, but lightly mixed. They were talking about tanning and how her friend wanted to go. I know I few mixed people that tanned. But does it actually work for them??

I guess my actual question is can mixed/black people actually tan, and ACTUALLY get results?? ( Tanning Beds)

GraciesMommy464

Asked by GraciesMommy464 at 6:03 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I suppose it's possible.... I am lost on the purpose. To look darker period? Or try and get the oompa loompa orange look that Caucasian ladies desire?
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:11 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• yes.... my friend was mixed and tanned, should would get to the point she looked full african american
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:12 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• yes, they do/can tan/get darker. my niece is mixed, although if you didn't know it, you'd assume her to be AA, as her coloring/features swing more in that direction. she does get darker in the summer and has tan lines.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:26 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Of course mixed people can tan. Anyone who hasn't maxed out their melanin can tan. Mixed people usually tan more than whites. In fact, most mixed people who have olive or tawny complexions can tan VERY easily, and get several shades darker. When mixed or med-light skinned AA people tan, it isn't always as noticeable because they have some color to start with. It's kinda like when a woman with waist-length hair cuts 4 inches off. You don't notice it the way you would 4" off shoulder-length hair -- but it's still 4".

BTW: When it comes to tanning beds, no one should do it. They've been linked to skin cancer...more risky than sunshine, and you don't even get the vitamin D the sun provides.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 9:57 PM on Apr. 11, 2011