I felt like punching my MIL at the sono today.......

I have a 5 year old daughter and my hubby's sister has a 3 year old daughter and we found out today that we are having another girl. We have known all along that his side wanted a boy because they didn't have a grandson. But especially my FIL wanted a boy! After they said it was a girl, she said "Poor paw-paw" and then told me that she was glad that she didn't buy that blue bear that she was going to buy the other day. Why would you buy a blue bear before you knew what it was?????? And why make us feel guilty about having another girl when it is out of our control?????? Anybody else went through this????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Ya that was rude. Babies are a gift no matter what gender!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:13 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• my MIL has done worse.... but never at a sensitive time like that. you're very tolerant and kind to have allowed her to attend the sono. I'd be like sorry you're disappointed, guess you don't need any of these photos and why bother coming to the birth either
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:13 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• a bit my mother n law was a bit like that as she has 1 grandaughter and 5 granson
    but everyone easle was happy y dad was over the moon
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 6:14 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Ouch your dh needs to talk to her about her bad attitude. I hope she chills out.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 6:26 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• that was ignorant they should be so happy they are having another Grandbaby, yes a boy will pass the family name on etc. but come on! another precious miracle they get to enjoy.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 6:30 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• personally i think you're over-reacting. if my MIL said something like that i would assume it was a crack at humor. unless she seriously feels upset and disappointed that you aren't having a boy, sees no joy in the fact her new granddaughter is healthy, then i would not be upset by it.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:34 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I would have been pissed off too if my MIL did that. My MIL went with my to our last ultrasound instead of my DH. That is when we found out we were having our 4th boy..lol.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 8:33 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• no im sorry i have never been through this...look at the bright side though you and ur hubby are going to have a beautiful baby girl thats all that matters not your stupid mother in laws comments! good luck
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 9:24 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Tell them it's their fault, since genetics has a lot to do with it...they didn't give him enough boy sperm! ;)
    Anonymous

• That is really rude. It sucks that she had to say anything at all let alone right there. She didnt have to be there!!! Fortunatly for me my in-laws live in Las Vegas.. I didnt have to deal with that.. Tell her to go ahead and by a bear.. just make it pink! :)
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 9:54 PM on Apr. 11, 2011