Child care $ HELP

I am a full-time sitter (50 hours weekly for $40 a day) for a one year old girl. I watch her in their home, I live 14 miles away...Anywho she asked me to watch her on a thursday 7am to 6pm but continue to watch her overnight until friday morning. I will be off that day(after she picks her up) and she will bring her to my house. She wants to know if I want to "call it even" since shes driving her to me and im off friday or if I want to charge more.....your opinions please! She is a year old and still wakes up in the middle of the night....

jadensmom14

Asked by jadensmom14 at 6:13 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• I am leaning towards asking for more. It is odd hours, where are you sleeping? Or are you expected to stay awake? I would consider their money situation, you must have a feel for what they can afford but remember most over night shifts pay more.
    Anonymous

• So you are watching her for the same amount of time just over night in stead right? If that's the case I would call it even. Yes it's at night and you may have to be up with her, but she will be sleeping mostly and you will have Friday off. It kinda weights out.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 6:24 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• she wants to only pay me $40 from 8am thursday until friday morning but keep in mind I wont have all day friday off because she will still be with me in the morning....im not expected to stay up
    jadensmom14

Comment by jadensmom14 (original poster) at 6:32 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I would call it even.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 7:55 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I would not call it even - around here daycares get more money for overnighters.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn’t call it even only because you’ll be going non-stop without a break and will probably be getting up during the night.  If the arrangement is for days only then that’s what the rate is for and during the nights is a different rate only because you’ll be getting a lack of sleep. 

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 8:59 PM on Apr. 11, 2011