Can you tell what a baby will look like off of an ultrasound pic?

My daughter's photo and the one from this baby's looks just a alike in the profile. Does that mean they will look alike?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Certain facial features,sure.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 6:27 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• yes/no .... hard to say. Much closer to real in the 3rd trimester and if they're doing a hi-def or 3d/4d scan

My son was born with my husbands cleft chin and there was a "void" in the scans of his face where it was.... sometimes they're REALLY detailed.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Yes. Aside from skin, hair, and eye coloration you can see what their profile and facial features will look like. My first and third had identical profiles and they look exactly alike. With my second, you could tell his face was a bit rounder, he has a less prominent chin, and he had a more petite nose than the other two. This baby actually looks like a mix between them. He looks like he'll have the more prominent chin, petite nose, and a bit of a flatter profile than the others. (I'm thinking this one will look more like me!)
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 6:48 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I don't think that is always the case. My first son looked liked he had a giant nose and very wideset eyes in the 3D u/s and that was definitely not the case when he was born. With my second son, it showed his fat fat cheeks (which was accurate) but made his lips look enormous, which at birth was not the case. Sometimes they also press themselves against the side of your uterus in later pregnancy as they are running out of room in there, which can distort some of the facial features.
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 8:53 PM on Apr. 11, 2011