What "new" product (for babies) do you find either a waste of money...

or a non-essential. I was shopping for my soon to be grandbabies yesterday....and wow oh wow....diaperwipe warmer (i rubbed mine in my hands to warm)...a half towel that you STRAP to the front of baby so they don't get cold when bathing (how do you wash them then???) ....

brypmom

Asked by brypmom at 6:36 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• Diaper Genie. Sorry but my outside trash can was much cheaper and works just as well.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 6:42 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I think the cozies for the fronts of car seats or carriers are ehhhh but OMG they make them for strollers now. Seriously?

I also think that designer/fancy diapers are crazy and people thinking their infants require shoes (fashionable or walmart) is sad/stupid and not only a waste of $$$$ but terrible for their little feets
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:42 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• shopping cart liners are a waste of money and so are diaper genies , I always saved my plastic grocery bags and used those for the poopy diapers
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 6:45 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Personally I think there are alot of unecessary things.. But some of them really do make life easier..

I have a new thing for my son.. It carrys 5 diapers, a small pack of whipes and has a changing pad all attached. Also comes with a thing on the side which has individual garbage bags for the stinky diapers..

I know it isn't NEEDED.. But man I love it!
    2boys4momma

Answer by 2boys4momma at 6:47 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• cot bummper look pritty but whats the point of them you can only use them till the baby can move about then you have to take them off
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 6:48 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• .. It carrys 5 diapers, a small pack of whipes and has a changing pad all attached. Also comes with a thing on the side which has individual garbage bags for the stinky diapers..

okay I must say 2boys4momma - that sounds like something Grandma could use! I hated carrying a diaper bag and I am NOT going to carry one when I keep my babies!!! :)
    brypmom

Comment by brypmom (original poster) at 6:51 PM on Apr. 11, 2011