Anyone ever done an excorsism, or had one??

What was it like?

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 6:37 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I got really sick on my 18th birthday- and my mom and her side of the family were convinced I was posessed.
    It was a virus that affects the nervous sysem (don't remember the really long name of it)- anyhow it caused me to not have good control over my hands, my head/neck (it would turn sort of up and to the side no matter how much I faught it), I couldn't form words anyone could understand, so I had to sort of scribble out what I wanted at any given time...it made me tired and doctors didn't know what it was at first... Anyhow, my mom and family about a week into it, decided that my uncle should do an excorsism. They took me to his house and he basically stood over me and spoke loudly/yelled for the demons to leave or whatever...it freaked me out and honestly, ALL I wanted was to go home and go to bed. I remained sick for about another week after this, so I'm not really sure how they explained that I wasn't better from it
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:21 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• one time, in band camp...

nah, j/k.!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:10 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Do I think it was really an excorsism? no. Do I think THEY thought it was...yes.

I think people a lot of times will believe what they *want* to believe -you know what I mean? I think they wanted/needed an explanation for my illness and that is what made sense to them somehow, so they went with it
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:23 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• No. I don't believe in them really. Not in the sense we see on television or that some demon comes along and takes over the world
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 8:51 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Suuuuuuuure! lol
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 7:11 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• an excorcism isn't about a demon that comes along and takes over the world....
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 8:53 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I was being sarcastic in my response!!
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• oookay......try again..
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Nope.. I think they are a farce perpetrated by the church.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 9:18 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• i just meant that from what I grew up to believe it was some demon energy or what have you taking over your body and soul and that the Roman Catholic church was the only one qualified to do it. I believe in it so I don't find it interesting enough to study.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 9:20 PM on Apr. 11, 2011