Cervical Position/Opening/Soft or Hard adult content

I've started tracking my cervical position this cycle in order to more accurately chart how things are going. (also temping and checking cm) But every time I go to record my position, firmness, and opening I get so confused! How do I KNOW what feels hard or soft? Or what is open? Or what is high/low?? I know I sound ridiculously stupid, but I'm really clueless here!

toykeymama

Asked by toykeymama at 6:46 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Typically when it is FIRM it will feel like the end of your nose and when it is SOFT it will feel like your lips.

If it is open it will just feel like a small opening that you can fit the tip of your finger in. If it is closed and you have NEVER had a vaginal birth it will just feel like a small dot in the middle and if you HAVE given birth vaginally before then it will feel like a line or fish mouth.

You will figure out your cycle after your first month or so.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:18 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• That's something that's going to take time to learn. You'll start to be able to feel the difference once you've done it a cycle or two. Have you already read the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility?
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 6:49 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• For the first few cycles you won't know. Every woman is different and you need to learn your body. For the first 3-4 cycles note the position/mucuous etc. that correlate to the temps that show when you ovulate. After a few months of charting you should have a pretty good idea of what is what for you and remember that once you get pregnant and have a baby things will be different again and it will take a few cycles to get used to your "new" body then too.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:51 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• No. I haven't. We are dealing with 2ndary infertility right now. Our first we got pregnant the first month we tried. I never had to do any of this stuff. Should I be reading that book?
    toykeymama

Comment by toykeymama (original poster) at 6:51 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• It would be a good book to read if you can get a hold of it =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 6:54 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Thank you. I'm sorry I asked such a newbie question but this is all so new to me. We've been trying for about a year and a half now.
    toykeymama

Comment by toykeymama (original poster) at 6:56 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Some of the charting sites have good descriptions. This is the site I used most http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ When TTC. Good luck and it does take a little practice.

Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 9:23 PM on Apr. 11, 2011