Anyone else had to take antibiotics while being pregnant? Not sure I like this...

Taking Zitromax for a bronchitis...it's a category B but it makes me worried..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• bronchitis can turn ugly and into a million bad things. You need to be infection free so your baby can be too. Risk outweighs benefit.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:50 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• i had to take some for a uirny tract infecshon and as i cant have pencillin there only 2 other i can take and the side effects on me are not nice
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 6:50 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Like hibbingmom said...in that case the benefit outweighs the risk. If you do not take it, you and the baby could be serious danger. Your doctor knows you are pregnant right? and he prescribed it anyway.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:52 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I had to take amoxicillan for strep throat and my pregnancy seems fine. Sometimes, antibiotics are just necessary.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 6:53 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Yes Penicillin for a really bad chest/bronchial cold
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 6:57 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I had the same thing when I was 6 months for my ds. Took it and my ds is perfect! Your doctor gave it to you, they know what they are takplking about,
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:31 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• When i had bronchitis with my 3rs son i took the ZPack..same thing you are on and everyything was fine. I was also given cough med because i could not stop coughing once i started unless i had the cough med and it made me nerveious to take it because it had codine in it, but my OB said it was fine to take it.
    Anonymous

• if your unhealthy baby is at risk i took antibiotics a lot and was on pain killers from dental work the entire time too.. everything will be ok.
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 7:59 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Took it and baby is perfectly fine.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:20 PM on Apr. 11, 2011