Fell off the counter

My DD 21 months old, just fell off the counter in the kitchen. I went to the bathroom and heard "thud"... I don't know how she managed to climb up there, but anyway... I don't know what she hit, she cried for 5 mins and now keep telling me that the counter was mean. Should I bring her to the ER? she seems fine now and if I had to guess I think she landed on her back.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• If she didn't hit her head, isn't acting strange, isn't lethargic, and isn't throwing up, I'd say she's probably ok :)
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 7:13 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• she's not trying to fall asleep, isn't being lathargic, she's talking to you...she's probly fine. although if it were my kids, my dh would freak and make sure they stayed awake for at least and hour or 2 just in case. (he's a worry wart lol) so maybe you should do that if you're worried.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:15 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• If she is playing and alert and happy for a few hours after . . . and all of her limbs are working as they should . . . then she is probably okay.

It is amazing what those tykes can do, huh?
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:20 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• We just had something like this happen ourselves..dd fell off the bathroom counter and hit her girly parts on the cabinet she was playing with (she was sitting with me like every morning to get ready, and even though she knew not to, she was fidgeting with the cabinet with her feet and got or caught just right and fell), and landed forehead first on the tile...if she's acting different in anyway call the doc and have her seen,..I've heard never to let a child sleep within the first hour if they have a concussion (but I'm not sure)...check her over and make sure she seems ok, and if she's playing fine, and not acting different than Shea probably fine. It's amazing what they survive without causing any permanent damage, or even inflicting damage other than 5 minutes of crying. Hope everything's ok!
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 10:15 PM on Apr. 11, 2011