How does your child act after a bath?

typically isn't it suppose to settle them down and relax them? it does for my younger two daughters (ages 2 and 1) but not for my 4 year old! actually it never has not even from day one. she seems to get her "second wind" after her bath. she won't even stand still while im trying to dry her off. she has trouble keeping still anyway but she can be somewhat tired and when you give her her bath she just wakes RIGHT up! i usually give her and my 2 year old a bath together at 7 and bedtime is 8. hubby just gave them one 15 minutes ago, right now my 2 year old is sitting and watching Dora and my 4 year old is running around in circles. lol anyone else's kid like this?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 7:18 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Baths get both my children riled up and have since day one that is why they get a bath either early in the evening or in the morning. They often get a wash cloth wiped over them right before bed because they got dirty outside and I don't want them going to bed dirty.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:49 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• my son runs around naked for about 10 mins. Then tries to hide when you try to put clothes on him lol but he is always hyper afterwards
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:20 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Yep, it gives my daughter her second wind as well!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 8:19 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• yes my 5 and 4 year old act the same way .....I just let them run around like chickens with their heads cutt off and then when they are done they are pooped and ready to go to bed.....
    momofmonsters27

Answer by momofmonsters27 at 1:14 AM on Apr. 12, 2011