Is it ok too...

go over your alotted calorie amount once in a while?

I so did today and feel really guilty. The dinner was just to good to have just one small plate. i had to have just a little extra.

Liamsmom09

Asked by Liamsmom09 at 7:19 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• There are studies that show varying your calories a bit day to day is beneficial. Does something to boost your metabolism. Also helps depending on your activity level that day. If you try to lose a pound a week, you need to eliminate 3500 overall calories (through diet and exercise) so if you have 1500 today and 1800 tomorrow and average a 3500 deficit then you still should see weight loss.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 9:57 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Calorie intake should vary so that the body does not get used to the same intake if it does you will stop losing the weight. In some weight loss plans it is suggested.
    mom102983

Answer by mom102983 at 10:39 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Well I know I am suppose to get between 1200-1500 calories a day. So it does very. I have been having trouble getting to the 1200 mark lately. I've had to add in an extra snack to get there. Today though I just have been in the carb mood. So I have been a bad girl :). Tomorrow I promise(no crosses count) that I will get back on the wagon.

Thanks for the reassurance.

Liamsmom09

Comment by Liamsmom09 (original poster) at 11:01 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• once in a blue moon
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 3:25 PM on Apr. 17, 2011