I have "applied" to a group twice and not heard anything....did i do something wrong?

same group....2nd time I put in the "reason' box that I hadn't had a reply and the group was not showing in my groups. Shouldn't I have gotten at least a "no" if they didn't want me?????

brypmom

Asked by brypmom at 7:21 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Maybe it's just not an active gruop? Or the moderator isn't as active?
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 7:22 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• i also tried for a few groups and been a bit upset i depends what kinda group your going for some groups will only take new members that are now by a few members and recommended . sometimes the group mods are not active so no ones checked my advice just look for another group

what kinda group are you looking for ?

feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 7:46 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• You were denied but not notified the first time you applied - or you wouldn't have been able to re-apply, it would have shown that your application was pending. They denied you but didn't feel it was necessary to give you a reason. I say give up and find another group.
    Anonymous

• ↑↑↑ that is mostly wrong info

The system generates automatic accepted or declined messages for group applications, regardless of what the group admin sends out. You would have heard one way or another no matter what. Since you were able to apply the "second" time, either your application didn't go through the first time or you missed the pm. If you have not received a PM about the second application then the the group admin hasn't processed it yet. If it is that important to you to be a part of the group then send a message to the group owner, found on the group home page. Personally I would not be interested in a group that takes so long to accept new members. I would also be sure that you are completing the application process, you should get a "thank you for applying" notice when you first apply or as the PP said a "you have already applied" notice when you go back to the group application.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 10:23 PM on Apr. 11, 2011