What do you think about dating outside of your race? And, if you don't...does that make you a bigot?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• My someday son in law is Black, my son is hispanic (adopted) and me and my girlies are white.  Its the Rainbow Colition over her.  I need someone who is Asian...Maybe my other girl will fall for an Asian. hahahahaha

ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 8:09 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I dated outside my race when I was in my early twenties but my attraction has always been towards my race. Doesn't make me a bigot, just that I am physically attracted to a particular-looking man.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 7:31 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I don't think it makes someone racist just because they choose to date/marry within their race.  What I find irritating are people who tell me "I don't believe in it".  Well, it's not the Easter Bunny.  Who I chose to marry is not anyone elses business.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 7:54 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I think nothing of it. Date who you like!
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 7:25 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Well my son is mixed and my SO is black.... you get the picture lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:26 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I am three races so does it matter? No date who you feel like I do.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:27 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I have no problem with 'mixed race' couples I don't think it's a big deal...just two people who love eachother ya know
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 7:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I think we all have personal preferences, and no that doesn't make you racist. It's like saying you prefer blonde and blue eyed. Or tall. I personally have a thing for Italians.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 7:36 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• i haven't, but i'm not racist. if someone chooses not to date outside of their own race, it doesn't make them racist anymore than them not wanting to date a blonde or a redhead..you're are attracted to who you are attracted to. racism has nothing to do with it. (for most sober-thinking persons.)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:37 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I am white & married to a Hispanic. He prefers white women. His brother also married a white woman. And while their mom was Hispanic (as was their dad), after she died their dad re-married to a white woman. I never actually considered us to be a bi-racial couple till someone pointed it out to me. I thought we were just a couple lol Then I thought about it & went...hmmmm, I guess we are! I've never got flack from any white people but indeed we've got some looks from other Hispanics when we go to places that are predominately Hispanic. I've had some Hispanic women glare at me. I'm like...ok then..you know..I didn't steal him from the Hispanic dating pool! He chased me! (and i let him catch me lol) I always make it a point that our children know of their heritage & remind them they are not totally white & they should be proud to have two cultures.
    Anonymous