Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Urologist or PCP? adult content

What kind of Dr should hubby go to for sexual disfunction issues? not sure who to make the appt. with.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Health

Answers (8)
  • urologist,they're like gyno's are for us

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

  • BB is right. If he needs a specialist referral, he can always call the PCP on the phone and request to get that going.

    Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:30 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

  • I think either can help. Have him go to whomever he's more comfortable with.

    Answer by JSD24 at 7:32 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

  • The PCP will probably refer him to a urologist anyway. That's what they did for my husband.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

  • with our insurance, my husband had to go to the PCP first to get the referral to the urologist

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

  • What is a PCP? Is that just your general practitioner? If so, they'll probably just refer him to a urologist.

    Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:30 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

  • I would make an appt with his pcp 1st and then have them reffer him to a urologist if needed

    Answer by Leelee1008 at 10:07 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

  • Not sure, you can ask for PCP and if they can't help, they will refer you to someone else.

    Answer by KTMOM at 10:02 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.