? ABOUT OVULATING

I ASKED THIS ? EARYLER On all my ultrasounds i have a due date for May 9,2009, but if we go by my LMP my due date would be May 14, 2009. I dont understand wehy they are 5 days apart. ANY IDEAS LADIES........If i go by the 1st due that then that means i had a cycle on days that i really didnt. I no each month when its time for me to start my cycle thats why i told my OBGYN that May 9, 2009 is not correct

my1stchild2009

Asked by my1stchild2009 at 11:40 AM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i just added more to the ? thats all
    my1stchild2009

Answer by my1stchild2009 at 11:41 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• A due date can be off by a two week margain. you could be two weeks early,on time,or late.
    Your LMP is to give them an idea of when you conceived as a general pregnancy start guideline.
    As long as you & baby is healthy that is what is important,i understand you just want the baby to get here so date changes can be frustrating..
    Best of luck!
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 11:45 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Wanted to add:
    My cousin was due May 5th. and she did not have the baby until June.
    I was suppose to be a Halloween baby and was born late November.
    We are both healthy.
    Due dates are "only estimates"

Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 11:52 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• A five day margin is pretty slim, actually. The pregnancy wheel is as accurate as a magic 8 ball; it assumes your cycle is always the same length and for many women that's not true.

I really wouldn't worry about it. Babies rarely arrive on due date anyway. Mine arrived four days before the pregnancy wheel said he would, and seven days before I had calculated he would from my charting.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:45 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Generally an early ultrasound is a better indicator of due date that LMP because it bases the due date off the baby's size and development. With my son I was originally given the due date of Sept. 15 based on my LMP, but after the ultrasound I was given the range of Sept. 2 through Sept. 7, and he was born on the 3rd. That range meant I concieved in the middle of my period, which didn't make sense to me since I didn't have sex that week, but the ultrasound proved to be right!
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 12:48 PM on Dec. 1, 2008