Baby getting his Molars.

I've tried everything to soothe and comfort him. Since he has been getting them in he has started throwing fits and slapping me in the face when he gets irritated. I've tried cool wash cloths, ibuprofen, Hyland's teething gel, Humphrey's pellets, cold carrots, celery. Nothing is helping him. He isn't sleeping at night, during the day he is cranky and irritable. I'm exhausted and don't know what else to do to help the pain. I'm really at my wits end, am running on no sleep, and am getting pretty irritable myself. Any advice you ladies can offer would be very much appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It will be over soon! I'm sure you know this but sometimes it helps to hear it again....teething just comes and goes and it sucks while it's happening and feels like it will never end but it DOES! Our 15mo just got his first molar last week and he was a little pill for about a week but now he's back to his normal, happy self. Just hang in there and take some deep breaths. As for comforting him, Earth's Best makes a teething biscuit that our little guy likes a lot and seems to help some, maybe try that? I put them in the freezer first and he chews on them for a loooooong time :)
    ShainaMay

Answer by ShainaMay at 7:44 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Try a frozen bagel for him to gum on. The ibuprofen worked for my son. The other favorite is to put his pacifiers in the freezer so they are cold when he sucks on them at night or nap time. Hang in there.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 10:31 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Good Luck hang in there
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:48 AM on Apr. 13, 2011