Dinner help...

I bought everything I had to make pesto with spinach instead of basil.....BUT I ran out of Olive oil!!! Plus, my husband told me that he doesn't like pesto....so now I need to know what to make for dinner. I have chicken breast. spinach, cheese (parm and fermaggio) pine nuts, no bread but we do have rice and pasta, and the only veggies I have are the spinach, celery and cucumbers....I'm sooo low on groceries and we were out ALL day so I really don't want to run to the store. Any suggestion?

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 7:52 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I also have wheat pita bread (that the kids weren't too fond of :(
    Precious333

Comment by Precious333 (original poster) at 7:58 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Chop the veggies - all 3. Cook some pasta & rinse in cool water. Toss the cooked pasta with the veggies, some of the cheese, and anything you have to dress it with - Italian dressing (or really any other salad dressing), make a white sauce (equal amounts of flour & butter in a pan, cook til starting to brown, then whisk in milk til it's creamy), any soups like tomato or cream of whatever would work. Or even just a little of the cooking water from the pasta and a little butter.
    Anonymous

• I guess I could resort to that. Its just that we had ravioli two nights ago, and still have left overs from that, that we also ate yesterday :p
    Precious333

Comment by Precious333 (original poster) at 8:04 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Bake the chicken with the pine nuts, parm. & fermaggio as a topping. Cook some pasta until done, drain and add salt & pepper and a little bit of milk, thats all. Its simple & tasty. Slice some cucumbers, leave plain. Then you can salt & pepper or put ranch dressing if you like. Or make a salad with the spinach, celery & cucumbers. Do you have balsamic vinegar? that be good on a spinach salad like that.

Put your chicken on top of the pasta with the salad on the side. yum!
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 8:05 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• thanks! I may make that tomorrow if I can't get to the store in time. Tonight I decided to just have hubby pick up food. Thanks!
    Precious333

Comment by Precious333 (original poster) at 8:26 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I think that lacyjones has a good idea. I was going to just say make a salad with the chicken, celery, cucumbers and spinach.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 9:49 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I think you can go to AllRecipes.com and type in the ingredients you have and it will come up with different ideas you can try.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:56 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Salad or baled chicken
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 6:52 PM on Apr. 12, 2011