How do i make sure this doesn't ruin my relationship?

My husband and I have custody of his children. Bio mom deemed an unfit coo coo by the courts. Needless to say the uneccesary drama she causes sometimes gets me crazy pist. My dh has this great ability to get just as mad as i am but somehow let it go and not let it ruin his day/night/time or whatever. Luckily i don't have any negative drama with my ex or i'd probably explode. I don't have a bad temper but it does ware on me. I don't want to become one of those miserable wives, we are happy and he does help me get out of the funks i get in b/c of this. Just as i don't want to be miserable i also don't want my dh to feel he has to always make me feel better when it comes to this bull s***. I just want to stay happy and have peace on both ends. How do i keep this from wrecking my wonderful marriage to my soulmate?

Genice6

Asked by Genice6 at 7:58 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• Learn to let go.....? It's hard, I know, but honestly, it makes a world of difference once you master that skill! I've been working on it for the last year because I have quite a temper myself and have a really hard time just ignoring stuff that bugs me. Now that i'm better at it, my relationship with my DH has gotten a lot better and we're communicating more effectively! Personally, I think being in control of your temper is a mark of maturity, so just look at it as something to aspire to that will make you a better person and always remind yourself when you're having trouble with it that you're doing it for yourself AND for your DH :)
    ShainaMay

Answer by ShainaMay at 8:03 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Don't get involved with the drama since its hard for you to handle it. Unless its real bad drama, leave it be & let your husband take care of it. I understand, trust me. My ex and I have BAD drama and it makes me crazy !!! Before I know it I'm going off and can't even see straight. lol My bf is always calming me down. Since I've been with him tho, the drama is less & less bc I don't let it become drama anymore. It's a situation & that's it. Nothing more. He is a total drama free person besides the drama he gets dragged into by me, his co workers or his family. He never has drama that really has to do with him. lol He isn't into drama & drama has ended one of his relationships before, so I make sure to limit as much drama as possible. If I have to, I discuss it with someone else instead of him until I'm calm about it!! Drama is a turn off to him & that's the last thing I want to be to him!
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 8:08 PM on Apr. 11, 2011