My husband wants me to get out of the house

My husband has told me to meet friends I have got this boxs around me and I can't just go up and talk to people and it's hard to go out and talk to people

kdrzewiecki

Asked by kdrzewiecki at 8:05 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Entertainment

• so whats the question?
    scottshoney

Answer by scottshoney at 8:06 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• If you are the church type that will help you. Meet your neighbors, kids parents at school, join the pta. The are probably book clubs if you like to read. I hope this helps.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 8:07 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• yes you can.
    People have an inborn fear of rejection, and really people just want to be liked.
    Go out, and start talking to the postal clerk, the bank clerk, the hairdresser, the neighbors, teachers and make an effort to like them. They will open up to you, and it will get easier.
    You can do this, GL.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:08 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Take a class, join a play group, volunteer. Find something with other women who have similar interests.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:09 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Oh, it is really hard, sometimes, when you have been a SAHM . . . when you meet another nice mom, all of the stress of reaching out will be worth it!!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:10 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I sell dscovery toys and it hard for me to go and meet people and talk to them about it and I also selling Romance stuff for adults only
    kdrzewiecki

Comment by kdrzewiecki (original poster) at 8:13 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Oh...I so envy you! My husband is just the opposite. He never wants me to leave the house! He wants me home so he can control me and monitor me (including looking over my shoulder while I'm on my computer to see what I'm looking at). When I do want to go out and hang with my friends, he doesn't handle it well. He will either show up where I am (to check on me), or go to our online banking to see if I charged something at the location where I'd said I'd be. And I mustn't forget that while I'm out, he will call and text me constantly. He's so insecure. He must know every detail...where I'm going, first and last names of everyone in attendance, how many drinks I will have, what time I'll be home (to the minute). It's NUTS! Going on a business trip in a couple of weeks where he can't monitor - FREEDOM!!! Okay...got to stop typing now. Here comes "big brother" like clockwork.
    Fazo

Answer by Fazo at 12:33 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Ouch so sorry Fazo. I hope he will let you breathe soon.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 1:01 AM on Apr. 12, 2011