What can I use to close off a gap between the glass and screen door?

On beautiful days, we can only open the kitchen window and with windows in the bedrooms. It's wasting electricity to run the a/c or fan right now. Looking for something to put between the glass sliding door and mesh screen door that will stay in place without damaging either. The apartment's sliding door has about an inch gap between it and the screen when you open it. So it allows bugs to get inside the apt. I just caught a stink bug and don't want to find more. Love the fresh air and breeze just not the critters.

Danni143

Asked by Danni143 at 8:22 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I think you can get some plastic stuff at Home Depot. I wish I knew what it was called, but my friend had this problem. Basically it has a sticky side that you attach to the side of the glass door and it is a few inches wide and it covers the space. Someone at the store will know what it is called if you explain what you need.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:05 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• You can buy foam that is meant for underneath doors at a hardware store. I'd imagine that would work just fine.
    Sarahb21

Answer by Sarahb21 at 10:09 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I'm not sure I understand your question completely, but DUCT TAPE. Duct tape is your friend.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:32 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Sorry... there are 2 doors, a glass and a mesh screen door. They're side by side so as you're suppose to be able to slide the glass door open for air and keep the screen door closed. Or you can also slide the screen door open to go outside. (Unlike the screen for the window that are stationary when you open the window.) Anyway, when you open the glass door, because of the track they ride on, there is a gap left between the doors. You can almost slide you hand between the two doors when it's open. So I was looking for ideas that I can put on the glass door that won't scratch it or damage the screen mesh. Maybe something like the trim around the refrigerator door but not rubber?? IDK about duct tape though.

Danni143

Comment by Danni143 (original poster) at 9:08 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Definitely duct tape won't work then. Sorry.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:17 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• You know those items you can pick up that prevent the breeze to come through the bottom of your door? Pick up some of those. =)
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:59 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• foam
    RACINGMANIA

Answer by RACINGMANIA at 3:00 PM on Apr. 12, 2011