Another food stamps question

How often to the do updates on income, place you live, etc? Every couple months 6 months, yearly? Anytime there is a major change? Sorry I am really new to this whole food stamps thing and didn't think to ask any of this and I hate calling because you sometimes wait more then a hour to talk to anyone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

• The worker will tell you when to report changes. When you have the appointment, ask the worker for their email address. At my job we like to correspond thru email and clients can usually get a faster response when doing this, versus phone calls.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:29 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• 6 months
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 8:27 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• sorry forgot that if you have any changes report it asap! Or you can expect to pay back any moneys you did not report
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 8:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• evry 6 months here but you have to report any changes in household size, bills, or income.
    LadySaphira

Answer by LadySaphira at 8:34 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Anytime you have a change in income, move, rent/morgage increases or decreases....those need to be reposted within 10 days in most states. As for renewals, that is every 6 months. You will get a notice from your worker about the information that they need to have updated.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 8:35 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Yes it is every 6 months and anytime there is a major change in the house hold.
    lovebeingmrs

Answer by lovebeingmrs at 8:40 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I'm sure it varies by state, but one of my girlfriends is on them in Michigan, and she has to go every 6 months as long as she has a job. If she did not have a job, she would have to register for work and report more often.

I am sure the others are right about you needing to report if there are any significant changes in your situation as soon as you know about it, but I am not sure how that works.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:01 PM on Apr. 11, 2011