What age did you first take your child to the theatre?

We want to take my son to see Rio later this week. My son is almost 2, is he too young to take to the theatre? He is good about watching Disney/Pixar movies.

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 8:29 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• take him and see how it goes. you never know till you try it, im sure he will do well.
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 10:06 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I don't think he is too young, specially if you already know his attention span.

Answer by older at 8:31 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• if your child can sit an watch a movie than i think at that time is good wether he is 2 or 12 ! haha. i have yet to take my kids .. they are 5 3 an 2. we usually just wait for the movie to come to dvd.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 8:45 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I've taken my youngest since she was born, so she has kind of been used to it. She is 2 and has a hard time sitting that long now, so we try to sit toward the front where there is a little room for her to get down and move without irritating people.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:57 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• If he can actually *sit still* for a whole movie I think he would be good.. Or sit on the front row- where usually no one sits so he can move a bit...
    Our dd went & seen Princess & the frog as her first movie. I think she was 3, almost 4.... and she did good. she has went to the movies i think twice.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:38 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• My son is 3...and I'm looking forward to taking him for the first time. I'm just not sure if there's a movie that's worth the money.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 9:45 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I usually do wait too but I'm so excited to see this movie!
    June_Mama09

Comment by June_Mama09 (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Apr. 11, 2011