How do you make fajitas?

They're so good at restaurants that I'd like to try and make my own. Is it like making stir-fry?

angiemgiu

Asked by angiemgiu at 8:37 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Caramelize onions in a bit of oil, add cooked chicken or beef and whatever veggies you want and cook until done. Melt grated cheese on a flour tortilla and add the fajita mix. Tada!
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 8:40 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I marinate my skirt steak or chicken breasts. I make a marinade with Worcestershire sauce, cumin, olive oil, salt and pepper, but you can really let your imagination run wild. I have used lime and tequila for chicken and beer for meat. If you like it hot, you can add chilli powder or chopped jalapeƱo or serrano chile.
    So I grill my meat or chicken to get a nice crust, remove them from the heat and let them rest while I make the veggies. I slice onion, red and green peppers, I've added sliced button mushrooms. You can also add bacon. I sautee them on a high heat until they're nice and soft and slightly caramelized. Slice the meat or chicken, put everything together in a plate and serve with warm tortillas, salsa, lime slices and guacamole!

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 8:45 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Stir fry I think is the best way to make them.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:44 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Marinate skirt steak in lime juice and fajita seasoning, then grill it, also grill onions and green peppers (or any pepper you like), chop fresh tomatoes, lettuce, cilantro, shred cheddar if you like, put in tortilla and serve with sour cream and guacamole.
    lore_tex

Answer by lore_tex at 9:56 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I forgot to add, obviously slice the skirt steak after its done grilling before putting in your tortilla. :)
    lore_tex

Answer by lore_tex at 9:58 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Just like stir fry
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 5:13 PM on Apr. 12, 2011