If you found your daughter having sex would you give her contraception or put her on house arrest?

I caught my daughter having sex with her boyfriend in our house, I of course blew my top, it is not acceptable to be having sex at 15. It is not even acceptable in my mind to have a boyfriend at 15. I was not aware this was going on at all. This was during the lunch hour at their school where they are allowed to leave and come home and I am normally at work. I had no clue she even had a boyfriend let alone was having sex. She will now be under constant house arrest but all of my friends are telling me to give her contraception and let her live her life but I worry that this will advocate it almost, that this will maker her think it's okay as long as she uses contraception. I'm not sure what to do in this situation. ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• house arrest for my daughter!!! wow! i am sorry!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 8:43 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• First things first, call the school and tell them she's not allowed to leave campus during lunch. Second off, get her on BC and school her on VD.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:45 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I started having sex at 15 and so did alot of people I grew up with. She could always go to his house or somewhere at her lunch break. I would put her on something, unless you want to be a grandmother soon. Sorry this had to happen but it happened so you need to make sure she is being responsible, becuase "house arrest" is most likely going to make her rebel
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 8:46 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I would do both. just because you cant leave her on house arrest forever.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 8:46 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I would do both.... I mean I understand not wanting to advocate, but I also believe that she's gonna find a way whether you like to think so or not so you should arm her to protect herself so at least she'll be doing dumb things in a smart way... :-/ I know my rationale seems a little silly but I dont know how to word it properly. But I was a stupid teenager that found everyway to get around my moms house arrest and I made her a very young grandmother... the question you have to ask yourself is what worse? condoms and pills or a new baby that your most likely gonna have to take care of. Good Luck
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:47 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Thank you twinsplus2more, I will definitely be calling the school.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:47 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• My parents always told me they weren't giving me permission to have sex by giving me contraception, that it was just in case because things happen when we least expect them. They also told me I was never allowed to have sex in their house and if I wanted to do whatever I wanted I had to move out. I of course was 18 when I lost my virginity and had already moved out of my parents house. I would just tell her the same thing, and let it be known to her the consequences of having sex WITHOUT contraception and condoms.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 8:48 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• house arrest hmmmm that might prompt her to run away. i know you are trying to do what is best but she will get resentful and look at you as the bad guy. house arrest will not work. she might either run away or sneak out of the house. the only way you plan would work is if you cuff her to the fridge. i vote birth control. gl i know this is a tough situation.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 8:48 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• There's contraception in the bathroom that I check every couple of weeks to see if it needs re-stocked. Better she does it in the house where she's safe than in some sleazy hotel room. As you found out they will do it with or without permission. I'd rather know she's being responsible about it. We have had the talk and she knows my feelings. She knows what will happen if she gets pregnant. How you choose to handle it will be up to you, but reality is she will be active one way or the other.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:50 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I would do both. Since she is sexually active already you might as well to be on the safe side, but I also think she is needs to be punished for breaking your trust and the sanctity of your home. Make sure that she is not leaving school property from now on, and since your relationship with her is probably very rough right now try to reconnect again. I'm sorry this is happening to you, it's every parents nightmare to realize their little girl is not so anymore.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 8:58 PM on Apr. 11, 2011