Has anyone gotten their GED ? how old were you when you got it and what was your weakest subject/ did u get a tutor or spend extra time with the instructor?

i need to get mine but the only thing holding me back is my math skills. i am just horrible at even basic algebra. sigh.. any words of encouragement would be nice. thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in

• i was 22 when i got mine - horrible! but my worst subject was history i didnt need a tutor or anything.. i just retook the test.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 8:46 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I got my GED at 24. But I didn't really study, I just took the test, and I scored pretty high. My only reason for doing it was because I dropped out of high school to have my son, the info was nothing new to me.

I would suggest googling tutors in your area to help you find an easier way to learn math. And good luck! Don't give up!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:49 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I got my ged when I was 20 and my weakest subject was geography it bored the hell out of me still does to this day but I took ged prep classes at a school that also offered training in medical billing and coding so once I got my ged I was able to get a job , all I can say too encourage you is think about all the great careers you can get once you earn your ged its really worth it, they have tutorials online that you can do to learn and become better at math I wish you all the luck in the world
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 8:52 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I was 21, my weakest was math also. I just did alot of practice and studied with a friend. You can do it! It just takes practice
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 8:57 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I got my GED at 35 so I could qualify for a permanent job that I had been temping at for 6 months. Don't remember having and difficulty with it. Took it, passed it, and got the best job I've ever had in my life.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:59 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I got mine when I was 20, and I need help in math. I went to tutoring twice a week, for two weeks, then took the practice test and passed. Then took the real test and pass. Depending on how long its been since you've studied math, you might need shorter or longer to study for it, but if you use the resources available to you for studying you will be just fine. GL!
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 9:13 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• i was 16, my weakest was math but passed all subjects. it was hard, i went to the classes for four hours a day for five days and messed around in there. had to get my 12 hours for my discount and my aunt wanted me to go til i made the appt so i did.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:45 PM on Apr. 11, 2011