I need help with my 7yr old!

My daughter seems to be so angry and defiant! Some days she's good, but other days she is awful! Her father and I have been seperated for 4yrs now. She sees him once a month. I find myself telling her to do things over and over again, and she ALWAYS meets me with such an attitude. I've done so many things that have been suggested to me. I have her in therapy, I enrolled her in karate to boost her self esteem and self control. I have enlisted the help of friends and family to "be there for her" if she wants to talk about things that are bothering her as she doesn't want to open up to me. I've tried the "attitude chart" and the reward system, but nothing seems to work. She is struggling in school as well. I find myself getting angrier with everytime I speak to her. I don't understand why she is not getting it. The simplest of things seem as though I have to pull teeth. I want to have a good relationship with my daughter, but am beginning to think it may be impossible. I am one that tends to overthink things and over analyze but I think I really need help with this one. I need to find something that works, and fast!

aubrey_bott

Asked by aubrey_bott at 8:50 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• im sorry. i would call the dr asap.
    ncmomma3152

Answer by ncmomma3152 at 8:56 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• BIG HUGS!!!! I know it tough been there, mine is 15 and still driving me crazy....I know you said she only sees her dad once a month, could this be part of it...If they have a good relationship maybe you can have him talk with her...Bless you and hope things get better.
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 9:04 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• If you and her father are on good terms maybe you both should sit down & discuss w/her the options she has & let her know that even though you're separated, it doesn't mean you won't come together to do what is in her best interest as parents.
    Mrs_Doll

Answer by Mrs_Doll at 2:01 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I wish her father and I were able to discuss our daughter in an adult manner. I've tried to talk to him but have not gotten alot of help. I think I'm going to contact her doctor to see if he may have some insight. Thank you all for your suggestions!!
    aubrey_bott

Comment by aubrey_bott (original poster) at 6:15 AM on Apr. 13, 2011