How old was your toddler when you switched over to a toddler bed or twin bed?

When/Why/How did you switch from the crib to the toddler bed?

jenmerk

Asked by jenmerk at 9:01 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 18 months.

Shed climb out of her crib and her crib was actually my sisters and she was about to have her son. Switched over to toddler and she loved it from the get go!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:03 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• my kids were both 26mos when we did crib to toddler.......... I did it 'cuz the crib tent I bought wasn't working on our unique sleigh style cribs and climbing out was a safety concern I was stressing over.

Got twin beds this Spring, about 6 weeks ago or so. Son is in kindergarten daughter is 4 1/2. They got a computer for Xmas and to make room we needed bunk beds...... they were still very happy/comfy in their toddler sized beds but space won out
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:05 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• My first was 2.5 years. He never even tried to climb out of the crib, he just decided one night that he didn't want to sleep in it any more, so we moved him to a twin mattress on the floor. No problems, ever, of him wanting to stay up and play or getting out of bed for any reason.

My second was less than 2 years...22 months or so. She'd slept in a pack-n-play next to my bed since birth. We moved to a bigger house where she had her own room, and instead of giving her the opportunity to climb out of the crib, since I'm sure she would have (not to mention, we didn't want to move anything we didn't have to), we just started her on the crib mattress on the floor. She resisted at first, probably moreso because she was in her own room and not mine, but she got used to it.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:10 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• 18 months
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 9:43 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I kept hearing to wait until they learned how to climb out of their crib. Well, DD never did have a desire to do that, so she was almost 3 years old.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:25 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• My daughter never climbed out of her crib. We converted her crib to the toddler bed around 2 and she went into a twin bed at 3. The purpose was for potty training.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 10:29 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• My daughter is 2 and still in her crib. She doesn't try to climb out of it at all. We will probably switch her over in the next few months. We just got her on a good bedtime routine where we are able to lay her down in the crib and she actually goes to sleep on her own. We want to get her really used to that first.
    Jamie-Leigh

Answer by Jamie-Leigh at 11:11 AM on Apr. 12, 2011