Shots!

is it safe to give my 9 week old baby her first shots if she has a cold. She is congested, she is suppose to go tomorrow.

lifeisgreatbut.

Asked by lifeisgreatbut. at 9:03 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they won't give the shots to them if they are sick, especially with a fever. they will hold off until she's better.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:04 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• No, you shouldn't and they shouldnt/wont.

their immune system is already down and giving a shot will make them more susceptible to becoming sick.

wait until they are healthy. The thing about that, is your child can be sick without even showing symptoms too. it's a tough call. any way im babbling. wait until your child is over this sickness to get her shots.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:13 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I think she has to be almst over it 1st & I would re-book it for another week or so I wouldn't I'd wait.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 9:31 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• call the doctor asap, they will tell you if its okay.
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 10:27 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• The dr will still do the shots if you say it's ok. DD had an ear infection and we decided to postpone the shots by 2 weeks. Who knows how baby will react to vaccines with an already taxed immune system.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:44 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• They probably won't give her a shot if she has a fever. Just take her anyway, because it will be good for her to be seen. My daughter was scheduled to get her first shots a little late and she came down with a stuffy nose and cough. It turned out to be pneumonia and was terrifying! Babies that young have very compromised immune systems so it's important for them to be seen when they get the slightest hint of sickness.
    08MrsAllen

Answer by 08MrsAllen at 12:46 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• They have always told me that if the child has a fever they wont do the shots.
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 12:52 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• call the doctor and see what they recommend
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:51 AM on Apr. 12, 2011