Do pot plants flower?

**Disclaimer** I do not grow pot, I am not interested in growing pot, I don't smoke pot...I'm just curious as to whether it's a flowering plant. I'm not looking for a lecture on the morality of growing or smoking pot. Please answer accordingly.

DragonRiderMD

Asked by DragonRiderMD at 9:06 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Yes, they bloom a rather pretty yellow flower. :-)
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• the flowers are the part you smoke. the buds..
    AudlyLuvly

Answer by AudlyLuvly at 9:12 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Yes, that's what you harvest for smoking, vaporizing, and cooking.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I have never seen a flower on a pot plant. But then I have only seen them on TV, so I don't know for sure.

I'm curious though... why do you want to know? You have such a nice disclaimer, so it piqued my curiosity. :)
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 9:10 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• not sure if blooms or not..have you tried Googling it?
    way1

Answer by way1 at 9:11 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Lol @ corbysmom531. There's a regular customer at the store where I work who works in the florist department of Whole Foods, and she was telling stories about her customers' stupid comments. So I asked one time about a plant that's outside my house that has green leaves. My co-worker and I were talking about something today (I don't even remember what), and pot came up, and she said that maybe that's what my green-leafed plant was. But my plant has yellow flowers now, so even if it was a possibility (which it's not, since I know the basic shape), I realized that I have no idea whether pot flowers or what color blooms it has if it does, and she didn't either. So thought I'd ask. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Comment by DragonRiderMD (original poster) at 9:18 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Haha, a yellow flower! Isn't that ironic? Lol!
    DragonRiderMD

Comment by DragonRiderMD (original poster) at 9:19 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Hmmm, I have never thought about that. Now I'll have to google it too so that my own curiosity is satisfied.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:02 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Hehe. What a random thing to wonder. You're my kind of girl.
    Sarahb21

Answer by Sarahb21 at 10:07 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Well see there your question made others wonder too so you aren't alone. I had no idea it flowered or that was what people smoked. I thought they smoked the leaves, that is what they always show on the pictures. Why not show the flower if that is the "good" part?
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:33 PM on Apr. 11, 2011