If you told your husband you kissed another man and he didn't care what would you think??

I kissed another man accidentally, he's my best friend and has been for years and I kissed him while my husband was away on business for months at a time. I was lonely and the children were driving me up the wall but it's no excuse, I kissed him and I've distanced myself a little from him since. I am always completely honest with my DH so I told him as soon as possible and waited for the avalanche of anger or sadness, but instead he said "well I knew it would happen at some point or another, at least you're being honest with me, what's for dinner?".

Now my irrational brain is thinking does he not love me? Is he cheating too? Has he cheated? Surely he should have got a little mad at least?

Am I over analysing this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• Or maybe he loves you and doesn't want to mess up the family you have created together..?
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 9:24 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• It would worry me a bit. but guys are much more simple than us.. If it worries you just talk to him about your feelings. Check to see if his business travels stay business.
    Good luck
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:24 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• either he knows it didnt mean anything and trusts you not to take it farther. OR he saw it coming for a while and just accepted the fact that you were going to do something like that.

thats what it sounds like to me. but i can't really say which I think is more likely because idk anything about your relationship
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 9:24 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• My husband says he would never get upset in front of me over something like this because he is not going to show me his hurt. In his head, if he shows the hurt in front of me, I win and he wouldnt want me to have that satisfaction. Maybe it is the same deal? Its killing him inside, but he wont show it. OR he didn't blow up because he appreciates the honesty SO MUCH he wouldnt want to push you away from telling him things?? Just a thought. Men act strange all of the time. I am a super over analyzer and would think the same thing you are. In my head its always the worst thing too lol. Good luck....and hey..no more kissing other guys:)

ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 9:25 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I would wonder if he said "I knew it would happen sooner or later" than what "has happened sooner or later" with him?
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 9:25 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I agree with mommatasha guys are WAY more simple than us. they say what they mean, no games or mind tricks USUALLY
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 9:25 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• How do you accidentally kiss someone? Take accountability, you chose to kiss another man.

Maybe he's already done it. Or maybe there is some element being left out here. Maybe he just doesn't want to deal with it. Or do you just feel that guilty?
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:26 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• he is not deeply in love with you. he might still care for you though. what man would not even get irritated ? he retty good chance he doesn't feel that connection to u anymore and he is seeing other people.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 9:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Musicmom80 - "but it's no excuse, I kissed him" I did take accountability. I was ready with marriage counselling pamphlets, apology letters, I've even cut off contact with my best friend. Trust me I take this seriously and take full responsbility for my actions, I'm sorry I worded it badly.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• We have a good relationship, he calls me every night when he's away and we've always been very close and open with each other about everything, I trust him implicitly, well up until right now and he just walked past laughing and told me I was "probably punishing myself enough so stop worrying". Maybe I'm overreacting, I just don't get it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:29 PM on Apr. 11, 2011