4 mnth old mucus

My son is 4 months old and has a lot of mucus in his throat causing him to gag and sometimes vomit is there anything I can do?

ashbarraza

Asked by ashbarraza at 9:20 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When he coughs, lay him on your knees and pat him onn the back, the gravity should help him get it out.
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 10:25 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• when he gags, lay him on your knees, if he pukes more than likely some mucus will come up.
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 10:26 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• this is what my 1 month old has been doing this week. Ive been doing saline drops in his nose an suction with a bulb syringe before each feeding and before he goes to sleep per doctors orders. :) it helps break up the mucus and if he is coughing, that will help too, my baby wont cough it up, he just keeps swallowing :/
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 12:50 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• lay him across your lap face down and pat his back and the stuff should come out or use a bulb syringe to suction it out
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:51 AM on Apr. 12, 2011