When is the best time for me to be introduced to his children?

Personally, I am not a mom yet, but I have been dating this guy for a couple months and he is divorced with three children. Our relationship is getting more serious and we are discussing introductions.

novice_14

Asked by novice_14 at 12:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in General Parenting

• i dated my husband now for a year befor he was introduced to my son by a perviouse boyfriend. I didnt want my son to meet him and get attched if it wasnt going to work out he has seen to many women in and out of his fathers life that i wasnt about to do that to him. Once my husband and I decided he were going to be together for a long time i introduced him to my son. I think its becuz of that they have a great realationship.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I would say 6mths to a year. Just to make sure its going well and going to go somewhere.
    Dont wanna build a relationship of any kind with his children than be gone a short time later..kwim?
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 12:08 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Wait until you are both 100% sure that this will go as far as marriage. Those kids will get attached to you and if you break up then it'll be like they are going through another divorce.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:27 PM on Dec. 1, 2008