I've broken up a guy, it was long term relationship but..... adult content

well short version met him i wasn't in a nice place in my previous re'ship nor was he. It was lovely etc i'm sure you know. But everytime I didn't want to do what he wanted me to do he would end it.. It could be anything and he felt as if I didn't love him. It was mentally exhausting to be honest and I was loosing the love i kept for him in my heart. I helped in stay in the country and really helped him out. I said if we don't make it together that's okay. He now talks to me as if I didn't do anything for him. He was quite happy to take but never give. I'm glad i'm out of it but I fell in love with him, i was in love with what we had but its gone and now that's gone. He talks to me as if i mean nothing to him which is painful, i said to him that it doesn't have to end like that, he refuses to talk to me now. its a shame we were like best friends and the rest. I'm saying i'd be his friend i couldn't be but i guess i thought we would one day be friends, we had a laugh and really had a spirtual connection and so did he. its hard for me to think he doesn't think any thing for me even after what we had. I said to him time will vindicate me. He said when he comes back in my life if i'm free great, if not then oh well. I said its over. It was over the very first time he broke up with me. I loved him and let him come in an out of my life at the time. I spent sometime on my own 3 weeks and i really saw what i had to see and that is how i stopped being in love with him. i knew then that i wasn't in love with him because of the way he was treating me. I saved myself from him although he thinks he's the one that knows best. He wants to go out there and get better, he had it and through it away and that is when i said that i will be vindicated and time will do that. His wife beat him and left him homeless and i helped him on his feet and now he talks as if i didn't do anything to help him, like i was nothing.. how does that happen....? I ask myself. It's over and I wouldn't go back to him its hard at the best of times. I don't even know what my question is really. I kept on telling him that it didn't matter if we didn't end up together, I just wanted him to make me feel appreciated and he didn't and couldn't do that after all we both went through together. It's sad, said goodbye to him for the many last times but this time its over for real. I feel sad tha he is treating me like that one thing i know for sure as he always did say he'll never forget me for this life.... I feel sad and hurt by his actions.... what do you all advise.. I had to forgive him for me and move on but it hurts.. Help!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• What exactly is your question?
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 10:30 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Grieve and be sad an appropriate length of time, and chalk this up to a lesson learned and move on. Thats ALL you can really do.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:42 PM on Apr. 11, 2011