Would you give up your pets if you were going to get kicked out of your home?

My ds and dil are expecting their first child in Aug. They have 2 sm dogs and a 1 bedroom apt. They applied for a 2 br - but have been denied beca use of the dogs. Same complex....now they have til Jul to find a place. I said get rid of the dogs (I AM a dog lover - we have 3). DIL syas they are FAMILY and she's not getting rid of them.....an apt or house is hard to find when you have pets. IDK what else to tell them; especially since they can't afford much and do not qualify to buy a home.

brypmom

Asked by brypmom at 9:41 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• YES!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:41 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Well maybe find the dogs another home not just get rid of them. It can be very difficult to rent with animals especially two.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 9:43 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• well as much of an animal lover as i am i would still have to think of my kids and putting a roof over their heads first!! so yes i would get rid of them. maybe she could find them a home where the new owners would let them still visit?? just a suggestion. i hope this helps
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 9:44 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

I didn't mean get RID of them...like a shelter or such but yes a good home. (besides ours - she asked....lol i have enough with 3 myself) and her parents HATE the dogs
    brypmom

Comment by brypmom (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I wouldn't give up our cats, my daughters and husband would disown me ! I know it may be hard for your ds but if they persevere i am sure they will find a place .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 9:58 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I would never ever give up my pets for such a ridiculous thing as to be able to move somewhere. My pets are my FAMILY.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:15 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• If it has to be done I would do it but one thing I would do is put all my effort into finding a good home instead of taking it to a shelter where it will be euthanized.

Answer by older at 9:25 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I think they should have been smart enough to realize once they found out they are pregnant and going to be moving that getting into a place that accepts pets is tricky and should have started looking sooner.
    purplerobin

Answer by purplerobin at 12:32 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I lost my home to foreclosure....and I have two dogs. The rental house I'm living in only allows one dog. I brought both and am keeping my fingers crossed. I will hide the other dog if the landlord shows up...or I'll lie and say I'm watching a relative's pet. I didn't have the heart to give him up...he's 11!
    Anonymous

• NO! They are part of our family.
    mrsvixen

Answer by mrsvixen at 7:18 PM on Apr. 13, 2011