Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

A Butt Question.... adult content

I have had this pressure in my bum on and off and sometimes it is so painful I lay hunched over in bed considering going to the hospital. One time we were almost to the hospital then it stopped so I opted out of the ER visit.
I am so tired of it! I went to my family practitioner and she said I didnt have anything visible. She said the hemmoroids I had were flat and not bleeding. I don't bleed when I go #2 and I am very regular. (sorry this is so gross) but I was wondering if anyone else has this/had it and what it was? I have never done anal sex or anything (that was one of the questions the doc had asked me) and she said I need to see a specialist...but what kind of specialist (Proctologist?) Anywho, any advice/help would be great. THANKS!!


Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Health

This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • I would get a referal to a gastro specialist.

    Answer by KTMOM at 9:59 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • id see a reg doc and theyll refer to to a specialist i had to see a gastroenterologist.

    and that is what i would see for you as well, everything having to do with your intestines. GL.. dont be embarassed

    Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:49 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

  • Yes, the gastro...never a fun visit, haha. Maybe you have some kind of sore inside that is not visible. A gastro is the go-to guy for the job :)

    Answer by Renee3K at 9:50 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

  • I am not embarrassed but I always seem to have something wrong with me that no doctor can find so I hate going to hear "healthy as a horse." It is a wicked like pressure pain if that makes sense. I am to the point I take tylenol/Ibuprohen every day for a flare up. :-/

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:52 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

  • Does it coordinate with when you have a bowel movement? Sometimes I get pain like that, and through research I self-diagnosed (then talked to the doc and she said that I was right) with fissures - it's like tiny little tears on the inside of your anus, that just hurt like heck after you poop, if they're bad they make me feel like I still have to go even though I swear I just pooped out my brains, and nothing helps - usually when I have a flare like that I have to sleep it off. I've tried (can't think of the right name, but the hemerrhoid creams), witch hazel, and other things, and nothing works but time for the fissures to heal.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

  • hmmm I do have one fissure but she said it was on the outside. They dont come at all around poop time though so I don't know....hmmmm

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

  • Good luck with the specialist!

    Answer by _Tam_ at 11:52 PM on Apr. 11, 2011