Does an epidural hurt ?

xmizbadx

Asked by xmizbadx at 9:53 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• yes,feels like a bee sting in your back and then there's alot of pressure

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:55 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• to me ... no it didnt to me i was so worried about my contractions that i just blocked the epideral out ..... it was so much better
    damionsmommy2

Answer by damionsmommy2 at 9:56 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• i have had 3 of them. it just feels like a pinch.. bee sting maybe. it is not as bad as dealing with contractions and everything else.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 9:57 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Yes & no - it does, but the pain of the contractions hides that pain so you don't really notice (at least, I didn't!).
    Anonymous

• Had one it didnt really hurt, agree with the other ladies more like a pinch but was very uncomfortable...Lots of pressure in that area...
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 9:59 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• no. first they numb it with this cotton swab, then they use a numbing shot, and then they do the epidural. you can't even feel it
    Anonymous

• With DS I was having contractions every 3 min and had been awake for over 24 hours so I only really noticed some pressure and it almost felt good, like counter pressure. With DD she was a scheduled C-Section and I was wide awake and not in any real pain, though I was starting to have some contractions... That one I was terrified was going to hurt. I was in tears as they were cleaning my back. It was nothing like I had imagined. I was nothing! A little pinch then a little pressure and it was all dine in about 4 minutes.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:02 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I am a total wimp... And i hate needles. But when i got to the hospital, having contractions, i was begging for one.. And i can tell you, i didnt feel a thing and it took the anesthesiologist less than 2 min to do it all from the first numbing needle to epidural in place.
    Dont think about the pain, it all hurts, anyway you wanna do it involves pain. But women wouldnt be having 5 kids or more, if it wasnt worth it all in the end. Its so scary when you are living it, bit the second you lay eyes YOUR child, you really forget it all, and it was all worth it.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 10:02 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• It was mostly pressure for me, but the contractions were distracting me.
    angiemgiu

Answer by angiemgiu at 10:03 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I really didn't care at that point. lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:11 PM on Apr. 11, 2011