Evening Babysitter Rates

I will be pursuing a second Bachelors degree in the fall - this requires me to be on campus from 6 - 10 pm on Thursday evenings. I have a tentative babysitter to watch the kids, to come at 5:30 and put the kids to bed at 8:30 and then stay until I am home until 10:30. My children will be 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 when I start the program. How much do you think is reasonable to pay her - either per time or per month? We live in northern Ohio.

Thanks

brinleys

Asked by brinleys at 10:01 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• $12/hour
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:05 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• You can always ask her what she is looking to be payed and meet in the middle. We generally pay between $10-12 an hour.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 10:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I was going to say 5 an hour. That is what I get paid when I babysit. I would be very happy with that. Or you can pay minimum wage which I thing is like 7.50 an hour.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:29 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• The better the pay the better the care I think
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:46 AM on Apr. 13, 2011