I have this friend who has a bad habit of calling her kids bad names

She like to scream at her kids for the smallest things and even calls them names like di@@ breath and stupid @ss and other very uncalled for things..her kids are 2 and 5 ...I feel so bad for them , but I dont know what to do...I tell her she shouldnt be talking to them like that. but she just tells me i dont know what life is like for her...she is a single parent , living in a house with he boyfriends parents, her bf is in jail .......what should i do

momofmonsters27

Asked by momofmonsters27 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• Call her the names she calling her kids see how she feel....
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 10:30 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Tell her that, no you may not know what her life is like but she needs to realize the life that she's giving her kids by calling them that and making them feel that way. It's emotional abuse.
    jessica.kaye08

Answer by jessica.kaye08 at 10:30 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• So..because her life sucks she has to take it out on everyone else?...especially innocent parties to the matter?
    Ill be praying for her...you should too.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:30 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Better yet report her... That is a form of child abuse
    sam223

• Oh my, I feel so bad. I really dont know what you can do. Especially if you already have said something to her. Sorry I cant be any help.. good luck.
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 10:30 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I would report her. The grandparents dont say anything about this? She's damaging these children!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 10:32 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I have threatened to call dhs on her an actually someone already has,,,they didnt do anything about it...I just feel so bad for those kids...i love them to death and they are so sweet..i want to just take them home with me but I cant...thanks everyone
    momofmonsters27

Comment by momofmonsters27 (original poster) at 10:35 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• dont say anything deal with it everyone parents to the best of their ability you just shld worry about what your child is hearing and if she uses profanity around your children then tht might be a problem
    yoqueromucho

Answer by yoqueromucho at 10:37 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• In certain situations they don't do anything until multiple complaints are made. Maybe these multiple complaints need to be made. She can't go on treating them that way. She needs psychological help IMO. Life doesn't revolve around her. Just because her life sucks, doesn't mean she needs to make those childrens life suck. She needs to get the help she needs in order to be a good parent to her children.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I think reporting her is extreme. Yes, she she should not be yelling at her kids and calling them names but she is not physically abusing them. She is obviously in need of help, maybe some therapy? There are people out there who deserve to be reported but I do not think she is one of them. It must be hard for her to deal with being a single mom with a bf in prison, she needs a helping hand. As her friend why don't you get her some parenting books to start off with, maybe that can give her a little push in the right direction.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 10:38 PM on Apr. 11, 2011