How Can I make Friends

Well im 24 and i only have a few friends, well they say they are my friends, but whenever i want to do somtihng with them they are not willing to do anything with me! im a shy person to begin wiht so its hard for me to make friends. the only friends i have are people that i work with :(

ladyinpink331

Asked by ladyinpink331 at 10:14 AM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• I have always been shy too, with few friends. I would suggest taking a class though a community education program or community college, or maybe finding a group you could get involved with. There's probably a local MOMS club near you that you might be able to join, though some can be kind of cliquish. Think about what you like to do and see if there is a group or club you could join locally. Also, try to get to know your neighbors. Maybe try to organize a little party with some neighbors. Good luck! I figure it is better to have a few good friend than a bunch of people who claim to be friends but are never there when you need them.
    holbunny

Answer by holbunny at 11:04 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I have had some of the same problem because I rarely leave my house now that I work from home. Fortunately, the few friends I do have are great...but most of them are from my old work honestly. I would suggest just getting out of the house more often and seeing if you can meet anyone.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:19 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I dont have a ton of friends either but its hard for me to make new ones being so busy.I joined facebook and reconnected with many of my old friends.Its also good to go to the park with the kiddies and just say to the other moms.If they are friendly they will start the conversation.Good Luck.PS I will be your friend.
    kellyandliz

Answer by kellyandliz at 10:30 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I am rather shy also, but try to connect with people when i am out. Even if I am just friendly with the clerk at a store, or the person that does my hair. Eventually if you see them often enough they do begin to be friends. try to imagine yourself as not shy and then go start talking to people, soon you will have friends.
    AnnikaJan

Answer by AnnikaJan at 12:22 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Just be yourself and if some1 wants to be your friend just observe them and pick your friends wisely.Sometimes when u go somewhere just spark up a conversation with some1 and see how that will work.I would love to be your friend.
    Mrs.Lakeisha

Answer by Mrs.Lakeisha at 2:35 PM on Jul. 10, 2008