Am I really this far along or am I farther?

Ok, I went in today for my week 24 check up. My OB checked the size of my tummy, thinking that my uterus was at about my belly button.....it wasn't. My uterus is right beneath my breast line. He told me that I am measuring at 32 weeks and that it was all baby, my son is at 16 inches and 3lbs already. Does anyone have any insight on this, cause I am confused as to how far I really am now.

JohnsonFamily5

Asked by JohnsonFamily5 at 10:35 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• When I was 28 weeks I was measuring 35 so they scheduled me an ultrasound and everything was normal. I also measured over the entire time I was pregnant with my son. They thought that my son was gonna be at least 9 or 10 lbs but when I had him he was only 7lbs 5oz. Fundal measuring isn't always accurate.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 3:10 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• i think if you've had u/s i would be more likely to go by those, the fundus test is kind of "blind" testing.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:40 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I agree with angevil53, the ultrasound is going to be most accurate..
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 10:42 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I always just go off of LMP. When I was 20 weeks I measuring 26 weeks. My son was just a really big baby.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:45 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Id go by what an ultrasound measured you at. Perhaps your just going to have a big healthy baby. Thats a Very good thing!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:53 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Fundal height is the LEAST accurate. U/S is a little better, but, still not accurate. I would go with the U/S before the other.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:58 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Just think of it as 8 weeks less of a miserable pregnancy:)
    (I HATE pregnancy)
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:58 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• IDK, when I was pregnant with my twins, I had them 3 weeks early, cause they were almost 7lbs each and 19in long. And the dr. said it was all baby, like he could feel my sons head today. IDK, I want a healthy baby but I am worried about having him early.
    JohnsonFamily5

Comment by JohnsonFamily5 (original poster) at 11:11 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• The fundus test is NOT accurate. My dr scared me and told me I was measuring about a week small and scheduled an US for the next week. I was filled with worry and stressed only to find out that the due date I estimated was correct.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:20 AM on Apr. 12, 2011