What would you do in this circumstance with a neighbor very obvious using you as a babysitter...

My sister has a 18 month old girl and they play outside every day for a couple hours a day. Her neighbor has a 5 year old son that likes to play with her. The mother brings out her son and places him into my sister's yard and goes back into the house and does not return. She does this EVERY day. My sister then has to tell the boy to go home when they are about to go in. What would you say?

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 10:38 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• Had her a bill for services.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:41 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I would tell her that if she wants to have her son in the yard that she needs to be there too, otherwise she can't just leave him there without asking if it's okay.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 10:43 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Talk to her saying she is NOT a babysitter for her.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:46 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Is your sister upset about it?? Maybe she should stop the mom in her tracks & tell her she's tired...tired of babysitting and just wants to spend time w/her daughter-alone.

Mrs_Doll

Answer by Mrs_Doll at 10:54 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I would tell the mom that it is NOT ok! What a load of crap! Some people dont need to have kids! The least she could do is ask, or sit on the porch and watch!
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 10:59 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Your right that is not fair for the mom to do that but if the boy is well behaved that may be the highlight of his day. If his mom does this sort of thing alot he may feel like a burden, and for your sister to say he cant play anymore would only be punishing the boy....
    doula-mom25

Answer by doula-mom25 at 11:07 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Yes, it would bother me a little but the only loser in this case would be the 18 month girl since she has been enjoying the boy’s company. As well as the young boy, really I think I just let it go for now.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:41 PM on Apr. 11, 2011