Help with my 3 year old. I thought she would be out of these stages by now, but she isn't.

She turned 3 in January, but she is still into EVERYTHING if you aren't watching her closley. I thought she would be out of that stage by now? My oldest now 6 was never in that stage do I am not sure if it is normal or not. My oldest was a pretty good baby this one is into everything and she is still climbing on everything. You even have to watch her real close outside because she will go down the street at these neighbors house. I can't even make dinner. I was making dinenr the other day and she was up in the bathroom (I can't lock since she is potty trained) dumped my entire bottle brand new dove bath gel (which isn't cheap). She will even still eat marker's, crayons and things if you don't watch her. She keeps finding my 6 year old dd's stamps and eating them. Her tonge will be the color of the stamps from eating them. My oldest never did any of this stuff. Is this normal? How do I get her to quiet. Timeouts doesn't work even spanking her butt doesn't work and I mean it doesn't work she is so stubern.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• Oh wow, I have no idea. Heres a bump!
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 10:49 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I have 3 DSs. My youngest was that way last year. He is now 4. I went through more polish remover last year it wasn't funny. That boy painted the bathroom tile, the tub rug. He even painted his legs, hands, fingernails, and toe nails. Then, he went for my tubes of lipsticks. I have a picture of our Beagle. That poor dog had lipstick where his lips would have been:) He has written on walls, his brother's bed, and doors with pencil and permanent marker. He drove me crazy. This year is much better. Tonight, I took him out to ride his trike. We had fun. Remember, you will get through this.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 10:51 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• ya that is another thing I have crayon marks all over my upstairs walls that I have to repaint. The thing is I wish I new what to do with her (before) I have a baby dues in August and I don't know how I am going to keep up with her doing these things with a new baby coming. And no it isn't from the baby she has been like this for a while now ever since she could walk I thought she would had outgrowen it by now lol. She had to have stitches last month because she was climbing and fell when she was supose to be in bed. Ya she gets into my purse all the time and gets my makeup out as well and she has gotten into fingernail polish before too and painted dh's desktop computer. She has also wrote on her sisters bed with marker. She is always finding a pen or marker and marking all over herself as well.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:56 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I have 5 and reading your post makes me think I'm reading about my now 6yr old. None of my other kids did this, but DS was a handful until about 41/2. He ate garbage, ruined all my makeup, snuck out of the house and just walked into the neighbors, you name it he did it. Now he's my most well behaved child. Be patient and make sure DD understands why its not ok before you punish her. Does DD talk well? Ask her what she did wrong if she does. If she can't tell you, let her know then ask her to repeat what you said. Good luck with your little explorer, and try to put up the things she's most likely to get into.
    lovinlifewith5

Answer by lovinlifewith5 at 10:58 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Are you sure you aren't talking about my now 4 1/2 year old? She's STILL doing some of that stuff, although she is getting better. Continue to reinforce "you don't put anything that is NOT food into your mouth" and "don't get into Mommy's stuff." Good luck...she's my youngest of 4, and none of the others did it either. I certainly hope yours grows out of it before I does!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Oh, and tell oldest that she NEEDS to keep her stuff put up to where little one can't get a hold of :/ Gonna be tough, though.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:29 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• my son is 7 and hes still like that he was always getting into stuff when he was little and i kept thinking well he will grow out of it
    and i am still waiting lol i think all kids are diffrent my oldest was so easy and never did get into anything much good luck
    mama2305

Answer by mama2305 at 12:44 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• lovinlifewith5

Ya my dd will eat trash too lol. She will also ruin my makeup. I can understand her most of the time, but I am in the process of getting her in this headstart cause I think it will help after I have the baby, but they want to put her in the slower classes and give her speach therapy because they said you can only stand her 40% of the time they said the reason I understand her is cause I am with her all the time.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:05 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• thanks everyone....reading all your posts tells me that this is normal and HOPEFULLY one day she will outgrow it lol. I hope she stops before to long
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:08 AM on Apr. 12, 2011