People who choose tings that are policitcaly, religiously or morally agianst what you believe...

Do you hate/dislike them as a person for making those choices or do you still like/love them as a person but hate/dislike the choices they have made. Is there not a line? I could not imagine hating every person who made a choice I did not agree with no matter how big or small. Should you not still love the person despite their choices? Don't most if not all paths teach tolerance and love towards your fellow man? Why is it that so many people claim to have faith, of any kind, but still have room to hate. I thought religion, of all kinds, where supposed to bring peace and love to the person who spiritually rounded and happy. What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Not at all, no hate here. I can disagree without hate, i think it is a must!
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:54 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• No. I disagree with pretty much everyone I know about at least one major thing. But since I am entitled to my opinion, and I like having that right, they are too. I like hearing peoples different points of view...even if it doesnt make sense to me. Its fun to hear how peoples brains work.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:55 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Hate the Sin, NOT the sinner.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:55 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I can hate the choices...without hating the person. I cannot think of a single person I hate. That's against what I believe in.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 10:56 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I try to love the sinner and not the sin, but sometimes it's very hard. For example, I know a girl who knowingly had unprotected sex and had 3 abortions from 3 different men I am very against abortion so it was very hard for me to not hate this person. I was disgusted with her for a long time but I learned that it was her choices and it was not my place to judge her only God will so since that situation I try to be as open minded and non-judgmental as I can be with everyone I meet because I want to be a good person.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:01 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I don't hate anyone, and I try very hard not to take debate personally (or make it personal). I'm practice Buddhism, and love and compassion are very central to the teachings. If I found myself feeling angry or upset about differences, I'd probably reflect on some of these ideas, and the Toltec idea that we should NEVER take anything personally.

"Hatreds never cease by hatreds, but by love"~Buddha

“You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.”~Buddha

"It is natural for the immature to harm others. Getting angry with them is like resenting a fire for burning."~Shantideva

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."~Dalai Lama
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:09 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I can honestly say that I don't "Hate" anyone. Hoever there are many I disagree with or prefer not to engage with, some for "moral" issues as you suggest but never for political or religious differences.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:21 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Love the person no matter the choice
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:52 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I love everyone...dont have to agree with to love them
    doula-mom25

Answer by doula-mom25 at 11:58 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Why would I hate someone for making different choices?  That makes no sense to me.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:26 AM on Apr. 12, 2011