Anyone ever been moved by the military?

I mean had you stuff packed and shipped to you new home by them. Did you ever have to store your things for a period of time? We are being moved next week and I'm a little nervous to have other people pack and move my things. How did it go for you?

Anon344

Asked by Anon344 at 11:08 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Took forever for our stuff to get to us.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:09 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• My twin sister did many many times. From Chgo to Jacksonville Fl to Iceland, to Japan, to Hawaii back to Fl Yes they stored her stuff. HIDE your movies and CD;s because they WILL open your container and all kinds of things went missing on my sister every time. Mostly CD and movies one time a nice leather jacket. It was the base security that stole the stuff her hubby said.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:10 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• The first time, it was okay. The guys were polite and we really didn't have much stuff. Once our stuff arrived (about a month later), they brought it in, and we inspected it to make sure nothing was broke, missing, etc. When we moved again, the movers were horrible. They were just throwing things in boxes. When it arrived we had a few broke things and one missing box. We filed a claim and got some money back. By the way, while you are waiting for your stuff to arrive, you can go on post and check household items out. Not sure what other branches call it but in the Army it is the Lending closet at the ACS.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:13 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I have already packed all our DVD's, Xbox games, and CD's to go with us not in the moving truck. Thanks!! I just hope there is nothing else I need to think of.
    Anon344

Comment by Anon344 (original poster) at 11:14 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Jeremysmom Thanks!!! I did not know that!! My husband is in the Army.
    Anon344

Comment by Anon344 (original poster) at 11:16 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• They moved us from our hometown in STL Saint Louis o Fort Benning , GA then from GA to Fort Bragg, NC and w are here nother year. Always went well for us and we have always gotten our things within 1 week of gtting our housing!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:53 AM on Apr. 12, 2011