Do you ever get random cravings for food and don't know why?

i was just wondering i am definitely not pregnant hubby's fixed. but i have been really loving this southwest sauce that he got the other day i have been putting it on everything i even had a dream about it last night. i know i know im crazy i wa just wondering if anyone went thru this before w/o being preggo and what was it?

amberpaiz

Asked by amberpaiz at 11:12 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I had a craving of hot & zesty pickles and milk...I knew for a fact I wasn't pregnant but I could not get enough of those 2 things, lol
    There is also a certain Red Sauce I can only find at my local grocery store I crave that all the time! I get that with refried beans with chili peppers added in it and then on a whole wheat tortilla and cheese, doused with red sauce and you got the perfect quik snack
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:27 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Your body is craving something in the sauce, salt maybe? If it was a spicy sauce, it could be the endorphins that get released in your brain (those are worth craving, aren't they??). Spicy food releases endorphins - chemicals that relax you. Guess that's why I put hot sauce on everything :)
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 11:26 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Yes I get some odd ones, them I think, hmmm what nutrient is in that that my body is craving?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:14 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• i get these intense cravings when i am on a very strict diet. all i think about is food.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 11:15 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Yes recently for me it was hot pepper cheeseand it had to be this one brand. I couldn't seem to get enough of it.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 11:16 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• yeah i wonder if its just there is something in it the ingredients that my body is craving but the ingredients are basically the same as hot sauce with just a few minor differences im just glad im not alone in this i really was starting to worry i was weird or something!
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 11:17 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Yes, actually all I've been thinking about today is vanilla bean cheesecake. My mouth literally waters just thinking about it lol
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:24 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• yeah i have but i asked the doctor and he said it was normal just to go with the flow
    shelle21

Answer by shelle21 at 9:20 AM on Apr. 12, 2011