Underwear for a tiny 18 month old?

I am going to begin the potty training process with my 18 month old son since he is already showing interest (big brother is 4 and he wants to do everything he does). Anyway, if all goes well, what do I use for underwear for such a little guy!? He's only 23 lbs 11 oz and 32 inches tall.

MichaelsMom330

Asked by MichaelsMom330 at 11:23 PM on Apr. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• try buying the 2t underwear and try one on him before you wash them. If they are to big just return them. I think 2t is the smallest they go
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:26 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I would get the XS size and just understand that they'll be big on him for a while.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:27 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I had the same problem with DD. She was 2 and the 2T panties were way too big on her. I found training underwear (same as regular underwear, but the crotch has extra padding for accidents) at Wal-Mart in size 18 months.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:29 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Disney brand runs small the 2T after being washed in hot water fit my DD great!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:35 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• gerber makes training ones in 18 months but they're hard to find
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:36 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• one of my 18 month olds is the same size!!! i got 2T ones and they shrank up a lot in the wash but theyre still loose. im going to sew up the sides to make them smaller. the training underwear allabout keeley mentioned sounds great. or try a consignment store like other mothers, I found very clean used underwear for 75 cents, and theyre not in packages so i can see the size before i buy them and I found some teeny tiny ones!
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:36 PM on Apr. 11, 2011