Are you the cat or the mouse in relationships?

So, I see a lot of my gf's (who are single) that seem to be the cat. They chase and run...so much it seems stalker-ish. Love them to death, they're great friends, but omfg, they're crazy! lol
Calling, texting, emailing the one guy they're into every 45 seconds. Then, a week later when the guy hasn't responded, they want to know what went wrong. 3 of my gf's and I went to dinner, and 2 of them are single...texting and chatting away at the table. It's a GNO...I mean, come on. We're not 16 anymore. We're all 26+

Not that I think I'm a therapist or anything, however, I like to be the mouse and have the guy chase after me. See if he's in it for the run or just a quick chase, does that make sense?

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 12:13 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• Well I agree if a guy is interested i feel he should do the running not me, it show's he is interested. Your GF are in for a rude awakening the guy will eventually run because she is running after him,,,heck give him a chance to chase you.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 12:16 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• definitely the mouse. i never make i guy think he is all that and a bag of chips. i am a gorgeous girl and i have wayyyyy too many options. when we make our selves too available to men they take us for granted. been there done that.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 12:17 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• You got the right idea. The cats will scare the mice away. By letting them chase you now and then, you give each other room and feel like you're making the choice to be with each other rather than being tracked down and forced. As a guy's thinking goes, if he realizes he chooses to spend time with you more than most, he will then realize he loves you. The point is to let him think he's in charge when he really isn't (almost like reverse psychology).
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 12:17 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I agree with gwen20, definitely a mouse.If you chase them eventually they will get bored and move on after taking advantage of you. I made that mistake a long time ago and will not do it again.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 12:25 AM on Apr. 12, 2011