How to tell if a nose ring is infected adult content

i got my nose pierced about two weeks ago and its been fine.
i had the flu a week ago so ive been blowing my nose a lot but i've been trying to keep my jewerly clean.

but when i looked at it in the mirror earlier today there was some crusties around it (and yesterday) i know some crusties are normal but how much is normal? and what color should it be.. mine was like a yellow/green color.. sorry if thats gross lol

and there was some goop aroundit. not a lot, just a bit but it was slightly greenish

it doesn't hurt though. so how do you tell if its infected, what symptoms should i look for?

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:21 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I think you will know if it is truly infected. I've had my nose pierced for 2 years and it just recently became infected. It was red, it HURT, and was pussy.

Keep cleaning it according to the instructions you were given.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:03 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• You will know trust me. It will hurt like heck, be red and pussy
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 8:59 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I don't think I would be too concerned unless around the piercing was red.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:27 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• That sounds like infection. Crust is normal, even a lot, but a greenish color is infection usually. Try taking it out and cleaning it very well with saline solution and clean the jewelry with alcohol, then put it back in and add triple antibiotic ointment (don't use Neosporin because it prevents scar tissue).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:30 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Oh, and it could be infection from your nose if you have a sinus infection or might be getting one, as well. Generally an infected piercing will also be red, as the first poster said, but sometimes it's not at first.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:31 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• sounds normal, get an antimicrobial cleaner to clean it with
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:33 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• don't take the jewelry out if it's new, follow the instructions they gave you.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:34 AM on Apr. 12, 2011