When did you take out your belly ring?

I have had my belly button pierced for 10 yrs. I'm 27 weeks pregnant and have yet to take it out. My belly button hasn't popped, nor does it look like it's going to. Did anyone leave theirs in for the whole pregnancy and delivery?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• most woman take it out but i seen in websites if you don't want the hole to close they have a ring for pregnancy's.
    Anonymous

• I left mine in until about 38 weeks. Around the 25th week I switched to a "pregnancy" belly ring. They are flexible and allow you to wear them during pregnancy. You should be able to find one at most piercing shops and online. I had to take mine out- damn thing just got too uncomfortable at the end when my turkey timer popped.
    Taerna

Answer by Taerna at 12:49 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• you will have to take it out for delivery simpy becuz you might need a c section so all jewlewry is removed. I had my peirced now for 5years i took mine out a couple weeks ago im 19wks but i took it out cuz my belly is itchy and it was getting alittle red if your belly buttun has came out yet then dont worry about it when your belly buttun pops out and it probably will with my first i was 37wks befor it did this time it looks like it might pop any day now anyway if once it pops and its not comfortble take it out if it doesnt bother you then take it out when they tell you to. As for closing up i dont think it will i had mine out for 6months once and can still get a ring in.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:52 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• i kept mine in till i was 5 months...big mistake! the hole is stretched :( i can still put one in it just doesnt look right. BUT if you go to a prof. place (tattoo parlor) where they do piercings some have prego belly button rings. wish i knew that sooner! lol.gl!
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 1:06 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I am 33 weeks along still have mine in but it is a pregnancy ring. I refuse to take it out and you don't have to take it out for delivery. You only have to take it out if you get a c-section.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I never had to take mine out except for the 2 days when I was in the hospital (but it had been pierced for long enough that those 2 days didn't matter) . And, my belly button never popped out. Which the doctor said was really rare, but it happens sometimes. I didn't get very big though. I am really tiny anyways.
    Anonymous

• Yes, but you should take it out prior to going into labor and delivery in case of an emergency. You don't want them having to fuss with your navel ring in case something happens. They need to focus on taking care of you and the baby.

You can put it back in right after.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:24 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• MY BELLY BUTTON HASNT POPPED OUT AND IM 33 WEEKS. IT PROBABLY WONT, NOT EVERYONES DOES.
    BUT YOUR BELLY GROWS AND OPENS THE HOLE BIGGER. I TOOK MINE OUT AROUND 22 WEEKS AND IT HAD CLOSED BUT THE HOLE IS STILL NOTICIBLE AND VISIBLE.
    IT IS GOOD TO TAKE IT OUT AND LET IT HEAL SO THERE IS NO RISK OF INFECTION. BUT ITS UP TO YOU. IF YOU HAVE A C SECTION YOU WILL HAVE TO TAKE IT OUT.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 1:33 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I had to take mine out around 6 months bc I slept with my belly pushed up against pillows, and it started to hurt. Now I'm 8 1/2 months and the whole is stretched out. IDK if it'll ever be the same. :(
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:38 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I know it drove my dr crazy but I kept mine in the whole time, my belly button never poked out and the holes didnt get big enough for the barbell to slip through.
    lishanlily

Answer by lishanlily at 2:55 PM on Dec. 1, 2008