How do you get your DH to stop spending so much money?

He works I stay at home but I worked so hard building our savings account and now he has gone thru it like its no big deal .Ideas?

Baby4us09

Asked by Baby4us09 at 12:48 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• I can't wait to see the answers! my husband says he works hard for the money and should get to spend it when he needs it...my child support pays the bills, and it ends in 2 months so I need him to get his act together fast! I even told him how much he spends on drinking in one month and he was like " yeah so"... it is not a small amount either
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:59 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I feel for you. I hope I get some answers.
    Baby4us09

Comment by Baby4us09 (original poster) at 1:19 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I would form my own "pocket money" for hard times, or in case you ever decide to leave him ?

$5, $10, $20, In a envelope some where, and keep it stocked-add to it ALWAYS.

It is always there IF YOU NEED IT ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 2:27 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Don't play their game he will never understand or care about your pain but once you don't at yell them he'll know you have moved on i hope you can meet a guy who is great to you and your kid.
    Betutah

Answer by Betutah at 2:28 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I'd just sit him down and talk to him about how important it is for you to have a savings fund. Communication is key, even if you have to talk about it over and over before he gets it. HTH!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:34 AM on Apr. 12, 2011